Sunday, January 1, 2012

January Newsletter ~ STRENGTH

Greetings,
Are you ready to find your inner strength? To learn how to push through obstacles that you didn’t think were possible? Are you tired of letting things happen to you rather than making things happen? My training philosophy is to train you to be proactive with your life, stop being a spectator and letting things slide by. The potential in all of us can be astounding, if you are ready for that read below:

I usually start my quarterly emails with all the information about classes and times but this New Year I would like to discuss inner STRENGTH with you. Everyone has it, you just need to learn how to tap into it when it matters the most.

2011 has been one of the most challenging years of my life. I lost my mother in October to cancer and as you know, she and I were extremely close. She was diagnosed in December of last year and for 10 months she and I battled this horrible illness together. So, what does this have to do with fitness? I have found that all my physical training had prepared me for one of my hardest jobs and that was helping my mother pass into the next world. Yes, I was strong enough to pick her up out of bed, wash her, carry wheelchairs and get her to the oncologist office. But my true strength came when I didn’t think I had any left, looking into her eyes and being brave enough for the both of us…that is true strength.

Do lunges and squats give you “true strength”…maybe not, but it sure as hell starts there. Training hard, working your body past the comfort zone, trains your mind to withstand discomfort. The mind cannot discern whether it is physical or mental, they both hurt. When you challenge yourself physically, your “mental muscle” (the mind) learns how to channel that stressor (whether it is physical or emotional) and becomes stronger. It is the triad of your very being; physical, mental and emotional strength. This helps you with life’s challenges whether it is weight loss, personal growth, relationships or work related. Come with me as we pass into 2012 and find true, inner STRENGTH.

THE SWEATSHOP WILL BE OPEN MONDAY JANUARY 2nd ~ 9:30-10:30 FOR GROUP TRAINING. COME AND WORKOUT WITH ME FOR THE FIRST TRAINING OF 2012!

*NEW! QUICK FIRE TRAININGS!
30 minute class of Metabolic Workouts
Wednesday 9:30-10:00 - $40.00 for 4 trainings. Classes start January 11th.

GROUP TRAININGS:
Monday and Thursday 9:30-10:30 & Wednesday 4:00-5:00 –
$12.00/pr class if you sign up, $15.00/pr class for drop ins.

SEMIPRIVATE TRAININGS:
Monday and Wednesday 7:00-8:00AM (small group of 2-5 people) $25.00

PRIVATE TRAININGS:
Contact me for times and price options. Rshean22@aol.com

Meet me at The Sweatshop and let’s build some STRENGTH.
You never know how Strong you are until Strength is all you have left.

PS: on a happier note are my grandkids, they make my life a better place.
Alex Drovatzekas 18 months (Whitney)
Reece Clinton 10 weeks (Ryan)
Baby Girl Shean 29 weeks due 3/26 (Peter)


~Rob
www.yourtrainercalling.com

No comments: